I began my career in corporate America with Kimberly-Clark, where I held a variety of leadership roles in marketing, finance and strategy in both the US and overseas. From there I joined an early stage start-up developing disruptive technology in the publishing industry. It was a hands on role and my daily activities varied from developing marketing strategies for bestselling authors, to implementing a monthly royalty processing system to support nearly 1k community members.
One of my favorite projects and greatest accomplishments was project managing the internal development of the company’s core technology platform. I’ve always had an unnatural love for spreadsheets – the organization, logic and automation of calculations and repetitive tasks. Building out a system that streamlined processes, controlled workflows, and collected data trumped any spreadsheet I had every designed. I wanted to not only manage these projects but to be able to create as well, so I started taking web development classes.
I’m now using my breadth of technical, operational and marketing experience to consult on a freelance basis, where I have the
opportunity to meet many new people and tackle a variety of challenges each day!
- Promoted seven times in eight years
- Global sector award for ROIC improvement
- International assignment with Kimberly-Clark
- Co-founded startup with 10x community growth
2016 – Present
Lead data-driven marketing campaigns and work with clients to build their online marketing presence.
- Quadrupled readership in one month through highly targeted Facebook lead generation campaign
- Generated over 100 customer reviews on day of release and achieved bestseller status
- Designed and developed WordPress websites and landing pages to increase marketing effectiveness
2011 – 2015
Executive leader of infrastructure, process and operational efficiencies built from ground up.
- Defined corporate strategy through market research, competitive intelligence and customer feedback
- Partnered with the CTO to define and develop the core product, increasing production 263% over 2 years
- Drove 326% increase in sales over six months with research that identified key industry influencers
- Overhauled royalty system to cut $10k in annual costs and deliver enhanced reporting and analysis
2004 – 2011
Cross-functional project manager and team leader of process improvement and profitability initiatives.
- Created and implemented innovation and go-to-market category strategy to commercialize eye protection
- Slashed receivables by 67% in collaboration with sales on European working capital initiative
- Generated over $1MM incremental profit in partnership with sales and marketing through effective analysis
- Revamped sales incentive reporting process and optimized CRM data to increase sales force effectiveness
2002 - 2004
Prepared international, federal and state tax returns and conducted public audits across a variety of industries in a team environment.
Marquette University, Bachelor of Science in International Business & Accounting, 2003
- Value and Pricing
- Kimberly-Clark Global Marketing University
- Thunderbird University Global Marketing Essential
- Inspirational Leadership and Coaching for Performance